Wednesday, January 6, 2010

How to make Hp Webcam working in Ubuntu 9.04


I am writing this article with myown experience. I was also searching for this webcam drivers all the time and I got many sites and forms telling how to make it work. but all those are not working with me. Every time I download a source and compile it I was only getting errors. and at last I got a simple way. the screenshots of the webcam working in my hp pavlion dv2918 is here.

 What I did is
1)     take synaptic synaptic package manager(System >> Adminstration>>            synaptic package manager)
2)    Reload

3) Select Cheese

4) Mark and apply. The software and driver should be installed.
Or
take terminal and type
$sudo apt-get update
$sudo apt-get install cheese
Then take the application from Application>>Graphics>> cheese Webcam Booth

Share This!


1 comment:

Arun said...

Linux kernal is always expanding. It contains the default driver for the webcam also. the cheese is using that default driver to get the webcam work....!!
Sproutinggeek

Powered By Blogger · Designed By Seo Blogger Templates